THE GOOD NEWS
We have been given the OK to start classes again at Animal Keeper Oceanside and Animal Keeper Poway with these strict rules:
- We have added a Covid-19 release to our liability waiver. If students have been to a foreign country in the last two weeks, are aware of being exposed to Covid-19 in the last two weeks, or tested positive for Covid-19 and have not been released by a doctor they are now asked upon registration to please stay home for two weeks and call their physician.
- Class will be kept under 6 people and dogs. Please leave small children at home.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE LOBBY. SOCIAL DISTANCE OUT FRONT AND TRAINER WILL COME GET YOU.
- There are strict rules for social distancing and masks. We know that everyone will be polite and keep their distance and wear a mask. It is crucial for these openings to get underway! These rules are for the safety of everyone. If we feel anyone is breaking the rules, they will be asked to follow the directions or be dismissed. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation during these difficult times.
- The dog and handler will be provided a “mark” to stand on/by at least 6 feet from other students. If they have a family with them, the family must stand behind the handler.
- BYO chair if you want one – none will be provided.
- Trainer will wear a mask and wear gloves or wash frequently. Trainer may remove the mask to speak to the group and put it back on when coming near students to assist. Trainer will use her own leash to handle dogs and will avoid touching you or your dog.
- Trainer will take the temperature of each student with a non-contact thermometer, and check each attendee is wearing a mask over their nose and mouth.
- Please bring your own Sanitizer. Trainer will bring sanitizer and supplies for emergency use.
- Trainer will prop open the door/gate for entry to avoid touching, so please be on time!
- Students will bring an extra 6 foot leash for use during “wait” exercises
- During leash walking exercises, we will alternate who walks first in order to maintain proper distance between all people present.
We thank you for following our protocols to help us keep you and others safe during this ongoing pandemic.